Shekinah has a proud history of adopting an evidence-based approach to all aspects of its work.
Strategically the organisation adopts the following approaches to achieve this goal:
1. Shekinah influences national and local policy through consultation and engagement with service users, partners and staff which is feedback through formal and informal forums.
2. Operationally Shekinah fosters a culture of using research in practice, conducting environmental scanning to stay informed and implementing approaches which work to bring about positive change for people.
3. Shekinah evaluates the success of its work through formal evaluation and engagement with local academics.
4. Shekinah pilots new and innovative tools and models, specifically identified as effective from current and emerging research.
5. Shekinah welcomes social researchers, academics and students into the organisation to conduct safe and ethical research.